Virtual shopping is changing the retail experience as we know it.
Virtual shopping isn’t the same as the standard online shopping that you’re used to. It brings a human connection to a previously online-only experience and redefines what e-commerce can be.
But how does virtual shopping work?
A virtual shopping assistant will work for you in the background when virtual shopping. They can check the availability of products, provide information about them, and help you make better decisions about what you are buying – all while you’re browsing!
Imagine that you have an experienced friend with you while you’re shopping to help you decide what to buy or to tell you where the bargains are, and even help you find other helpful products.
That’s the experience of virtual shopping for customers in a nutshell.
What are the advantages of virtual shopping?
- Unlike standard online platforms, virtual shopping offers an environment where customers can shop, communicate and collaborate in real-time 24/7.
- You can chat with your virtual shopping assistant, who can be your eyes and ears of the online experience. Ask them questions, and they can make recommendations.
- Convenience. Rather than going to a physical store, virtual shopping will offer you a more interactive experience as close as you can get to being there without leaving your home.
- It enhances your experience as a customer. Your questions can be asked instantly by engaging with an assistant – no need to google it or make a phone call.
Is it worthwhile for business owners to get a virtual shopping assistant?
Put it this way. If you own a business and you knew a way to create more engagement, more customer satisfaction, more convenience for your customers, and generate more income, would you do it?
Here are just a few things to consider if you’re thinking about offering virtual shopping.
- Virtual shopping works around the clock. This is a win/win for both seller and customer. This helps to broaden your customer base as well. People who work varying shifts can buy what they want at 3 am if they wish to and interact with an assistant.
- It gives you instant feedback from customers that interact with assistants. You’ll know how they feel, and you’ll know what works and what doesn’t.
- Virtual shopping is a huge growth area in eCommerce. Virtual shopping assistants are already the next best thing and are highly sought after. Businesses looking for a competitive edge could utilise the virtual shopping platform.
In summary, virtual shopping is making waves in eCommerce in a big way. There are no disadvantages to consumers or business owners – both stand to benefit from virtual shopping assistants.
Virtual shopping blends the lines between online and bricks and mortar stores. It adds to a business’s arsenal and helps with a customer’s shopping experience.
It brings a measurable change in eCommerce, turns the shopping experience into a live event, and reinvents the online experience for business owners and shoppers alike.
Infographic Created By Dogtown Media – A Leader In mHealth App Development
Hey! Chris here, if you enjoy the content on my blog and would like to add your own, give me a shout through the contact form